- Introductions, beer, and chatting.
- Steady Stream Pitch
- Steady Stream Discussion
- Project Updates
- Code and beer!
Next week is content migration party, bring beer and get ready to wordpress!
Steady Stream Pitch
- “I’m not here so much to pitch, but more so for a sanity check.”
- “Resources you need when you need them.”
- Fundraising amounts to glorified begging.
- Conventional model gives power to benefactors.
- Beneficiaries compete to win favor of patrons.
- Funders expectations of measurable results are unrealistic.
Proof of Concept
- Started off on 1000 Grandmothers FB Page
- Grandmothers don’t want to go to standing rock.
- $25 donation = a poster of themselves at standing rock so grandparents can stand with their kids at standing rock.
- It worked and provided a steady stream of revenue.
Steady Stream Concept
Steady Stream is person-to-person micro-fundraising that enables people who want to do good things to raise money fromtheir circles of trust.
Prototype / MVP
Give non-profits and individual do-gooders control over the capacity to solicit funds for what they need, when they need it.
- Download the app.
- Describe the needs.
- Set amount for spigot.
- Place it on website.
- Turn it on and tell everyone.
Competition in non-profit funding space
- Foundation grants
- benefactors and gifts
- endowments and trust
- Mission-driven businesses develop products
- Facebook widgets
- Accessible, simple.
- Takes advantage of the nonprofits network of trusted friends and allies.
- Empowers NGOs to identify and itemize priorities to meet immediate need and engenders accountability for fulfillment.
- Empowers benefacors to resource the priortit projects or items they align with.
Steady Market potential
- 1.5 million nonprofit orgs are registered in the U.S.
- The wider market non-registered social good projects run by individuals or small groups.
Possible revenue models
- Free app & steady stream reserves precentage of each transaction
- Free APP, cost/spigot
- App available for purchase outright.
Elissa J. Tivona:
- Steady Stream Team: